The templates tab is where you can view and edit the active templates on your account.
- List: The first tab is the list of templates. You can search with the top search bar labeled name or maneuver through with the page buttons. On this screen you can also choose to add a new template.
- To create a new template, select new template and fill in the required areas. They are marked with a red asterisk. To save the template select save. To cancel, select back. In this guide we are not going to go into detail on creating a complex template. Please see the support tab to see further documents on template creation.
- We recommend you add a test number to each new template created to send the information instantly to SOMOS.
- To Edit a template, you can select on the template name and update from there. If you are making a routing change or name change make sure to select save so the changes apply. If you do not select save, the template will not update. On this edit template screen, you can update your notes and see all the numbers on this template. You can also see any routing instructions that you have applied to this group of numbers.
- To add numbers to a template simply select assign next to the template name you want to add the number(s) to. Insert number list, select time in eastern time zone or select now and then select assign. You will receive an email once this is completed. Presets will not send you an email until the time and date of completion.
- If you need to cancel a preset select assign next to the template where the preset exists, select the request you would like to cancel in ‘Pending Add’ section. Then select ‘Cancel
- Search: On the second tab under templates, you can use this screen to search for any routing of a specific kind included in any of your templates. This includes Lata’s, State, NPA, 6 Digit, 10 Digit, and POTS Line routing. You can do this by putting in your search information and selecting the type of search you are doing. Select search on the righthand side.
- Disaster Recovery: On this screen you can update the routing of a working template to the routing of one of your disaster recovery templates. Follow these steps to complete.
- In the first drop down choose the template you are wanting to change the routing on. This will be the group of numbers that you are wanting to affect.
- In the second drop down choose the routing you would like to apply to the first template. This means choose the routing you want to apply to the first group of numbers.
- Select update routing. You will then receive an email when this is complete. Please be aware these do not automatically revert, and you will need to update manually to change back.
**If you don’t have disaster recovery enabled, please schedule a meeting with our team to set-up**