Description: This article will show you how to create an Audit or rebroadcast your Telephone Numbers in PortControl.
Running audits is a management tool that helps keep the NPAC/SMS and the LSMSs synchronized to ensure data integrity across the Local Number Portability (LNP) network. Primarily, audits are used to troubleshoot Service Provider (SP) problems, such as calls not being received.
If discrepancies are suspected in the data, that is, attributes in Subscription Version records between the NPAC Service Management System (NPAC/SMS) and one or more Local Service Management Systems (LSMSs) do not match, run an audit to rectify routing issues and clear problematic LSMSs from Failed SP Lists.
Creating an Audit
- Navigate to Audits under the Orders tab on the left hand side.
- Select Create
- Select Audit
- In the pop-up name your audit and input your Telephone Number or Range of Telephone Numbers
- Select Save and we will send your request to NPAC.
- Once you are returned to the Audit page, refresh your browser.
- You can then select the hyperlink for the audit and see the status
Notes: This Audit capability will also rebroadcast your most recent transactions for the Audited numbers.