PortControl is a revolutionary centralized platform that supports number data queries, a certified NPAC SOA, and additional local number management services - all within the same graphical user interface (GUI) and set of application programing interface (API) end-points.
PortControl is built upon a fully-certified NPAC local subscription management service (LSMS) and Service Order Administration (SOA) system. All systems connected to NPAC are kept up-to-date and recertified with the most recent NPAC releases.
Explore is what we call “Google” for phone numbers. We took a variety of data sources and created an application that tells you who operates a number in real-time, and returns any metadata related to the number (including DPC/SSN information and other routing-related data), any historical porting records, and the current caller-ID name (CNAM) associated with the number.
Explore is the combination of multiple sources of data, including, but not limited to:
- Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC) LERG™ data
- North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA)
- Several 3rd party APIs
- Look up to 2500 TNs at a time
- Toll Free Numbers will display the status and current RespOrg ID
- Select the Magnifying glass to view the network data associated with the TN
- Select the hyperlink to the number to view the history, likelihood of fraud and CNAM
- Ability to download into a .csv or .xslx file
Carriers often need to be able to query phone number(s) to find the current operator(s) to determine who to contact to start porting the number to their network. Service providers also need to be able to see data about their own phone numbers (such as local routing number (LRN) verification), and fraud teams generally need historical data to see when a number was on their network (if they don’t have internal records).
Easily query any Service Provider ID (SPID), RespOrg ID, code (NPA-NXX), block (NPA-NXX-X), or LRN and receive near real-time data in return. PortControl Network makes it simple to navigate all local numbers and view all “contaminated” (ported) numbers within a block, or view all ported numbers belonging to a specific LRN, with the ability to download reports with ease from one interface.
In addition, with Orders you can create, modify, and delete NPA-NXXs, NPBs, and LRNs directly with NPAC, as well as create Network profiles that will be automatically applied to any local number ports (Orders) you create within PortControl.
***You will need to create one Network Profile for each LRN that you have. The required fields for entering your Network Profiles are LATA/LRN/Description and if you have network data associated with the LRNs you will need to add that as well.
- LRN: Local Routing Number
- The Location Routing Number (LRN) is a ten-digit number designed to look like a telephone number. An LRN is assigned to each ported telephone number and is used to route calls through the PSTN to the switch serving the ported number.
- Code: NPA NXX
- You can look up codes to view the block that it is assigned to
- You have to activate a code before you activate a block
- An entire block will be assigned to you when activating a block, a client can have some numbers in a block not activated
- Block: First 7 digits of a number, blocks can be assigned to other carriers
PortControl Orders is a fully certified NPAC SOA which allows carriers to create and modify subscription version (SV) records within the NPAC database. Whether you are creating a port-in or a port-out, or even a disconnect request, PortControl Orders allows you to manage both individual numbers or groups of numbers all at once, from one dashboard interface.
We say that Orders is smart – with the ability to create Network Profiles based on your selected SPID, PortControl will automatically enter the information it knows, dipping the LSMS, and applying data to every SV you create, eliminating the repetitive form-filling of legacy systems. The sleek and elegant PortControl Orders UI is made with simplicity in mind.
Porting a number shouldn’t be difficult, so we’ve removed the complexity through automation and innovation. We understand number portability and we listen to our customers in order to develop features that save time, money, and valuable resources.