This document will teach you how to create a new order in PortControl for a Port-in.
- First you will want to use the Explore feature to check the current SPID of your numbers to process your CSR/LSR request. (if you already have this information, you can skip)
- Once you have a confirmed FOC (Firm Order Commitment) date from the losing carrier you can now create the Port in.
Creating the Port-in
- Login to PortControl
- Navigate to your Orders Dashboard
- Select Create
- Select Port-in
- On the next screen you can input your numbers (comma-separated or range) or drag and drop a .csv, .txt, .xlsx, .xls file. This file will create your numbers list automatically.
- Now select Validate Numbers
If you have a Network Profile for those numbers it will populate your Porting Information such as LRN ECT.
The system will automatically check against existing SV's for validation. It will also check for due date mismatch ahead of time.
If you do not have a Network Profile you will receive an error message.
- In section 2 after your numbers have validated, you can then enter your desired due date and time.
- Verify your LRN/Network Profile
- Name your Project ID (This will auto generate if you do not) 25 character limit
- Select Create All
Your Order(s) will then be available on your Dashboard and will be updated once NPAC responds.
Notes: The system will proceed with creating Orders for numbers that you have coverage for, and any numbers that you don’t have coverage for will be omitted. You can check number portability against your Network Profile via API as well.
You also have options to Port to Original or set a medium timer, if you so choose, as well as choose which Network Profile you want to use (if more than one applies in the event you have multiple LRNs in a LATA).